Wednesday 4 September 2013

Work Experience/London Book Haul: Part 1



One of the perks of working at a publishing house is the availability of books you are allowed to take home with you.
Of course, I have been taking advantage of this generous perk so I thought I would take some photos and post the books I have accumulated so far.


I have also purchased (well my Auntie actually bought it for me.) my first Orange Penguin Classic.
I haven't heard much about the title, but of course H.G. Wells is rather famous so it should be good. I'm too scared to open it though, as the pages are so flimsy/old!



Also, I may have mentioned before, but I had the fantastic opportunity to attend a book launch for:


You may know the well known poem by Edward Lear, well this book takes off straight after that story is finished. It's a beautiful children's book written by Julia Donaldson with stunning illustrations by Charlotte Voake. I just had to buy a copy at the event. The new story is so in tune with the style of Lear's original work that you would have thought he wrote it himself.

One of the best things about the event was that everyone was given either an owl or a pussycat mask. I went for the cat, of course. Meow.


What does your book haul from last week look like? I, for one, can't wait to get started on this interesting bunch!

Happy Reading.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment