Sunday 19 January 2014

New year...new beginning. How cliché.

According to Blogger my last post was in September 2013. How shocking is that?
I have no excuse other than my own laziness.

Perhaps I could blame it on returning to Uni in Sept..and being so bogged down with reading for my courses that I just had no time whatsoever to write a blog post.... That would be a complete LIE.

The new year has brought new changes in my life. I have decided to "drop out" of university to begin my working career. I am turning 25 this year, so it's about time I start making a decent wage.

It has taken me longer than the average person to begin this process, most of my friends who graduated in the same year as me have been working for a few years already, whilst I, being the indecisive person that I am, chose to return to studying.

It seemed like the best choice at the time, and although I do not regret my two years studying a really interesting course, I guess it was just a "filler" so I didn't have to think about joining the real world.

Dropping out from University is such an anti-climactic event in reality it seems like such a little occasion. All I did was fill out a form, hand it in, gave over my student card (nooooo...no more student discount..did I make the right decision?) and leave. That's it. Seems so insignificant considering how life changing this decision can be.

I am lucky to already have a BA in Marketing Management, so it's not as if I have nothing to show for my years at University.

I hope 2014 brings about a change in my life, and I know this won't happen unless I actually do something about it.

I want to write more book reviews, depending on how many I read during the week. I would also like to start selling my crochet creations and start taking on custom orders for people.

Let's see how much of these "resolutions" I actually stick to! Maybe that should be another resolution...stick to resolutions.

Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment