Wednesday 27 June 2012

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith

Hello Readers,
I have just finished reading the above mentioned book and thought I would do a quick review.



It's based around a girl called Hadley (I could not get over the name, every time I saw it I had to remind myself that the main character was a girl!). She is on her way from NYC to London to attend her dad's wedding to a woman she has never even met. She meets a boy, and the rest is history.

Without giving much away, the relationship between the characters were very true to life. That may be due to the fact that this book resonated on a very personal level to me, and although Hadley is 5 years younger than me I definitely understood her emotions and actions. It was funny at points, and emotional the next. Although the premise could be called a bit far-fetched it definitely makes you feel that love can turn up anywhere to anyone at any time.

It was a really short read, only 200 or so pages, and it took me less than a day to read. That's with a few breaks in between to watch the tennis here and there. So it's perfect for summer to read out in the sun or indoors when its pouring it down like it is here in Scotland. We don't have a summer -  ever!

Star Rating: ****

Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

What will you be reading this summer?

Happy Reading.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment