Tuesday 11 September 2012

BBAW: Day 2! Questions, Questions and more Questions.



I came across Book Blogger Appreciation Week on Alexa Loves Books blog and was instantly excited.
What a great opportunity for the book blogging community to come together and get to know each other.

As a novice blogger I don't know anyone in the community, so hopefully this will be a good way of meeting like minded people.
However, I am a day late in the proceedings, so was unable to sign up for the blog interview swap. Damn.

So, they gave us a few questions to fill in to get the ball rolling and start talking. Here it goes...

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
I don't really snack anyway so don't really do so when reading. I always have some sort of drink lying around, reading can be thirsty business sometimes. 

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
Gosh, no! I don't think I have ever written in a book other than when I have had to for school purposes. The thought of highlighting a meaningful book makes my stomach go all knotted. Not good at all.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Neither. Well I sometimes use a bookmark, but find that they mark (literally) the book and you can see where the bookmark has been after i've taken it out. I NEVER dog ear a book. Not under any circumstance. Shudder. I am quite precise when reading, I have to finish to the end of the chapter before I can put it down. Then I just remember what chapter I finished and continue from there.

Laying the book flat open?
No, thank you!

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Mainly fiction. Though I enjoy fiction that is about real life people as well. Autobiographies (written by the person themself) are also very enjoyable.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
I don't think I have ever listened to an audiobook, so it would have to be hard copy all the way!

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
As previous mentioned, I HAVE to read to the end of the chapter. Can never just stop mid paragraph, it ruins the flow of my brain.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Yes, definitely. Google is an amazing invention.

What are you currently reading?
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

What is the last book you bought?
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
I like to give my full attention to one book at a time, otherwise I would feel like I was cheating on the other if I didn't give it a fair chance.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Early evening, when there is nothing on the television and the lighting is dim enough to put on a dim side light.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
As I have been recently reading a few series it tends to be that the first one is brilliant, and the subsequent novels do not live up to its reputation. Though some stand alone books I read I want more from it. To find out what happens to it's characters and story.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
John Green. Without a doubt.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
My top shelf is all the books on my TBR pile. Then on from that is my favourite books, then series books, then books that are not that important to me that I have yet to finish.

That was fun!!

What about you guys? This was a great "interview" to fill in, so I look forward to reading everyone's responses to the questions. If you want to read more about this exciting event just click on the picture at the top of the post. :)

Happy Book Blogger Appreciation Week.

Happy Reading!

Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment