Monday 2 September 2013

Last 5 books I've read...

I thought I'd start a new "thing" where I write a list/wee review of the last 5 books I have recently read.
Hence the post name...smart...I know!
The idea is I post a picture of the book cover, a star rating of it and if I would recommend it or not.

I may write a more elaborate review about 1 or 2 of them, and if I do I will post the review in a link.

The last 5 books I've read are...

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness



Star Rating: 4.5/7
Would I recommend it? Yes! It was incredibly moving and a great insight to the subject of terminal illness.



The Reason I Jump - Naoki Hishagida


Star Rating: 3/5
Would I recommend it? To parents/friends/teachers of those with ASD: definitely. To those with no interest in Autism, probably not. It was still an interesting read however.



Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman


Star Rating: 5/5!
Would I recommend it?: Hell YEH I would. I am so excited to read the next book. Whenever I get around to it that is...

Moon Over Soho - Ben Arronovitch 


Star Rating: 4/5
Would I recommend it?: Only to those who have read the previous book in the series. This book (2nd in series) is much better than the first.

Wonder Girls - Catherine Jones


Star Rating: 3/5
Would I recommend it? Hmm, I wouldn't go out of my way to tell someone to read it, but if someone was to pick it up I would not dissuade them. It was enjoyable and easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment