Even if it is just for me to keep track on what I have and haven't read. As well as the growing list of books that I accumulate into my pile of books that I want to read.
So here is my TBR pile as of Tuesday 21st August 2012.
Bearing in mind that this not all the books I have in my possession, but books that I intend on reading in the near future.
1. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
2. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
3. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
4. A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin
5. The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkein
1. I have been meaning to read this book for years, literally. It's been in my sight for so long I am not sure why I haven't just picked it up and read. This will be rectified soon!!
2. Lolita is a controversial choice. Due to it's sordid subject a lot of people cast it aside as being far too disturbing, but that's what books are for. They are meant to challenge and make people feel emotions that they would not normally feel. It's supposed to be a rather good read, and I am excited to explore it.
4. Having watched a couple of episodes of the tv show I know what I am getting into with regards to AGOT. Excellent characters and back stories with a mystical and enchanting setting. I've heard great things about it, but realise that it will not be an easy and quick read.
5. Such a classic. A book, or should I say books?, that every has to read apparently. I have seen and enjoyed the movies so after seeing this on sale at my local library for 25p!!!!!! I just could not refuse such a bargain. Wish me luck as this book is MAMMOTH.
What books are in your TBR pile?
Have you read any of the books I have mentioned?
Did you enjoy them/love them/hate them/not finish them??
I would love to know your thoughts.