Wednesday 14 November 2012

Crochet - A new beginning...

Today I attended my first ever crochet class. I was supposed to start last week, however I was silly enough to stay awake until 4.30am to watch the US Presidential Election the night before, that by the time it came to six o'clock I was absolutely shattered. No crocheting for me!
So it was essentially week two of four, but only my first lesson.

I have had previous experience in crocheting, having taught myself the basic stitches to get going from watching trusty videos on YouTube. God Bless the internet! So I fully expected to be told what I already knew, and then progress as the weeks go on. I was right. I was taught how to start a chain, and then crochet a double stitch (I have been told that in the US that it is known as a single stitch...weird)
I was then taught how to do a triple stitch, which was basically the same as before, but with a extra bit added. Easy. It was nice to see how the crocheting improved and increased in such a short period of time.

My crochet in progress.


Next week we are going to start to learn to make "granny squares" which can eventually be added to create quilts and other fancy things. Ohhh. Really looking forward to it.

This took place in a lovely art space called I heart art. They do lots of other lessons from knitting to candle making, there is something for everyone.
During the day the shop is open for anyone to pop in and be creative. There are loads of ceramic items available to paint, and pretty much any medium is on hand to let your artistic juices flow. Lots of fun.

I'm really looking forward to the lesson next week. Who knows, this could be the start of a whole knew obsession for me. Oh dear.

Emma

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to learn how to crochet... or even knit, honestly!! It looks so relaxing and just a really nice thing to keep your hands busy while watching TV :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such great fun, and oh so relaxing. A perfect thing to do whilst watching tv, but try not to get addicted as you may find yourself crocheting for hours on end!
      I haven't tried knitting, it looks much more complicated with the two needles rather than one! ha.
      :) thanks for the comment

      Emma

      Delete