Wednesday 26 June 2013

Crochet Catch-up.

I've been super busy these last few weeks. I finished my (2nd) first year at University so it was a bit hectic trying to get last minute assignments handed in, and studying for exams.
However, I have been able to get back into the crafty mood.
I am not sure if that's due to me procrastinating, or trying to find anything to stop me from studying. Oops.

Originally this was meant to be posted a week or so ago, but i've been away in Spain as well as temping. Busy, busy, busy. Another excuse...I know. Shocking.

Just thought I would write a wee post about a few of the things I have been playing with in the last few months.

First of all I tried my hand at making a hat. I had never made one before, so thought the best idea would be to do a tiny one first, and if it worked out I would do another in a bigger more suitable size.

The pattern used was found on BobWilson123's YouTube page. If you find patterns difficult to read I would definitely recommend watching the videos on YouTube and copying them. It really works.


Please excuse the bear, he was the only thing in the house small enough to model a baby's hat.

Recently I have become more and more obsessed with Zpagetti Yarn and all the fancy things you can make it with. I bit the bullet and finally bought some last weekend, and following this pattern on the fabulous Dandelion Days blog, I whipped up this gorgeous rug in one evening. It took no time at all once I got the rhythm and was used to the strength needed to crochet with the thick yarn and 12mm hook.



Finally, I crocheted a cozy for a jam jar using the pattern on the Lulu Loves website. I am going to use this empty jam pot to make a Book Jar. Basically, you put the names of all the books you have yet to read and when you finish a book you pick another one, not knowing what it is. How great is that?!?!


What have you guys been making recently? Any summer projects coming up?

Happy Crocheting

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment